Want to rent tiny houses on Airbnb but you don't own land? Today's episode will show you that it's still possible!
In this episode, MJ shares the nitty gritty of how she set up her tiny house airbnb mini empire (3 rentals, 5 houses total), including how she found the land and how her agreement with the landowner is structured. I also ask the question that’s been burning in my mind: Who deals with the composting toilets when you have tiny houses on Airbnb? The guests? The hosts? WHO?
We could stop there, but MJ also reveals that all of her tiny houses are built partially (or in one case almost completely) through sponsors. We talk about what it takes to find and recruit sponsors (and MJ agreed to come back for a second show all about finding sponsors for your tiny house build!)
In This Episode:
- How MJ found land for her tiny house
- How MJ structured her agreement with the landowner so that she could host other tiny house rentals on the property
- What it's like working with sponsors on a tiny house build
- How MJ builds tiny houses for less than most other people
- What MJ hires out and what she does herself
- MJ's recommended resources
Links and Resources:
- Tiny House Decisions (use coupon code tiny for 20% off!)
- Andrew and Gabriella Morrison
- Deek Diedrickson
Cover photos by Mark Sharley Photography.