From the humble beginnings of building dog houses sold on the side of the road, Domenic Mangano has built a tiny juggernaut: The Jamaica Cottage Shop.
It didn’t happen overnight, but now JCS is able to offer the Pre-Cut Kit (PCK), which is a color-coded, part numbered kit that allows you to build your own structure without having to know how to build or own any heavy tools.
Domenic has built a fascinating business model which piques my entrepreneurial interests, but he has been building tiny houses for a long time, and he has a lot of important questions to ask you before you build a tiny house.
Think of this as a reality check to make sure your plans match your needs.
- The story of how Jamaica Cottage Shop went from selling dog houses on the side of the road to offering pre-cut and fully built tiny houses that can be shipped anywhere in the country.
- What is the range in building sizes that JCS offers?
- Are Pre Cut Kits suitable for building your own tiny house?
- Why determining how often you’ll move your house is so critical to the rest of the design choices
- How JCS is able to ship buildings all over the country
- What is Dom’s favorite Tiny House Design?
- What are the cost savings of buying a pre-cut kit versus a completed structure?
- What’s the best way to set up a foundation for your tiny house on skids?
- How to use Helical Piles (or ground screws) to set your tiny house on a foundation?
if you like what you hear on the show today, please consider leaving a rating and review in Apple Podcasts. Your reviews help others find the show, and they provide me with feedback and encouragement. Plus, you might just get a listener shoutout!