Today's episode is all about how tiny house living can spark a life of entrepreneurship… whether you were planning to or not.
After designing, building, and living with her husband in their off-grid tiny house from 2013 to 2017, Jess Sullivan has become a seasoned tiny house dweller, blogger, and inspirational speaker best known throughout New England. She continues to write their blog – Another Tiny House Story – and participate in workshops, presentations, and conferences related to green and tiny living. She has a chapter published in the book Turning Tiny, in which she focuses on the incredible and unanticipated changes in mindset and self-confidence that occurred during this great little adventure. She began the tiny house endeavor looking to shed the unnecessary, but could never have dreamt of what she was to gain.
In This Episode:
- How did the living in a tiny house affect Jess’s life afterwards?
- What drew Jess and Dan to the tiny house lifestyle and how were they able to build their house for so little money?
- How tiny house living convinced Jess to finally leave her job.
- The story of Jess’s first business, Two Little Buns
- Why Jess and Dan decided to sell their tiny house, and how they were able to sell it so quickly.
- What elements of tiny house living has Jess brought forward into her current lifestyle?
- What advice does Jess have for other tiny house entrepreneurs?
Links and Resources:
- Alt E Store
- Andrew Odom
- Little Yellow Door – Ella Dawn Jenkins
- Derek Diedricksen
- Tiny House Engage
- Jess’s Off-Grid Solar Guide
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You – Cal Newport
- Think and Grow Rich – Napoleon Hill
This Week's Sponsor:
The Tiny House Lifestyle Podcast is sponsored this week by the Tiny House Design Build Certificate at Yestermorrow in Waitsfield, Vermont. The Tiny House Design/Build Certificate is for everyone from professionals entering the tiny house market to DIY’ers who want to design and build their own tiny home. This is THE most comprehensive Tiny House course available, the curriculum covers all the must-knows for tiny house design/build and offers students hands-on experience designing and drafting their own tiny house and building a tiny house on wheels for a real client.
To learn more, visit yestermorrow.org/tiny. Use the coupon code podcast to waive the $25 application fee. Thank you to Yestermorrow for sponsoring the show show!