Today’s show is all about why advocacy is so important, and how to do it.
Will Johnston is a thought leader and innovator in the micro living world. Over the past four years, his organization has enabled policy change and brought acceptance of micro structures in the Southeast through events, projects and advocacy. His philosophy is allowing people to think outside the box by putting them in one.
- What is the current state of tiny house legality in Georgia?
- The status of Georgia’s ADU legislation
- How to address the fear and stigma that is often associated with tiny houses coming to town?
- How to start the process for legalization in YOUR town?
- How to deal with NIMBYism against the tiny house movement?
- Why it’s important to focus on normalization first and legalization second.
- How to deal with tiny house skeptics and naysayers
- Will’s advice for starting your own local tiny house advocacy meetup group
Links and Resources: