Get inspired to build with repurposed materials and introduce yourself to the world of food freedom. Rob Greenfield engages in extreme lifestyle experiments so we don't have to.
My guest today is Rob Greenfield, and Rob is not a conventional kind of guy. He’s currently living in a tiny house that he built with 99% repurposed materials. He doesn’t have running water in the house, and his current project is called food freedom. He’s growing and foraging for 100% of his food for an entire year.
Before you skip this one: It might be easy to say “this is too extreme for me.. I’m never going to do anything like this”, but Rob is truly an example of somebody who is living intentionally and designing experiments for his life to show us all how we can live a little bit better.
Even if you don’t plan on living off grid, or foraging for your own food, this is a really unique and interesting interview and I think Rob’s mindset and his enthusiasm and positivity is much needed and will inspire you on whatever tiny house journey you are planning to embark on.
- What is the story of your first tiny house?
- What it was like living in a 50sf tiny house? 📦
- What’s the connection between bicycle travel and tiny houses 🚴🏼♂️ ➡️ 🏡
- How rob found a place to “park” his tiny house in the city of Orlando 🌴
- How and WHY to build a nearly 100% repurposed tiny house 💯
- How to bust through the excuses so that you can make REAL change in your life.
- About Rob’s food freedom project 🍽️
- What are the utilities like (water, power, etc.) at Rob’s off grid tiny house? 🚰🔌
- About Rob’s sawdust/bucket composting toilet system 🚽
- Rob’s 50sf Tiny House
- Why I’m growing and foraging 100% of my food for a year
- How I Built my Tiny House for Under $1,500 with 100% Repurposed Materials and Near Zero Waste
- The Humanure Handbook by Joseph Jenkins
- The Moneyless Man
- The Moneyless Manifesto
- Drinking Molotov Cocktails with Gandhi
- Food, Inc Film
- Earthlings Film
- Rob’s Film Suggestions
- Rob’s Book Suggestions
- Tiny House Engage Registration
Rob Greenfield is an adventurer, environmental activist, humanitarian, and dude making a difference. He is dedicated to leading the way to a more sustainable and just world. Rob is currently living in a 100 square foot tiny house made of 99% repurposed materials in urban Orlando, Florida.