Liberation Tiny Homes combines fine Amish craftsmanship, affordable pricing, and a pretty quick turnaround time to produce a tiny house package that is very appealing. They have preset models and can also perform custom work in a range of different sizes and styles. On the show today I’ll ask Matt to give us an inside look at the workings of Liberation Tiny Homes, his tips for working with Gooseneck trailers versus regular flatbed trailers, and how this company (that has built over 60 tiny houses!) has seen the tiny house movement change over the last four years.
Listen to this episode
In This Episode:
- The history of Liberation- Why James and Rosemary started Liberation Tiny Homes
- The Farmhouse Model tiny house and the average cost range
- Liberation has built almost 70 homes to date
- The enviously fast lead time Liberation Tiny Homes is able to offer
- Which frames Liberation uses and the special requests they honor
- How tiny houses have changed over the last four years and what changes are coming
- Matt's tips on how to determine the average weight of a tiny house
- What sets Liberation Tiny Homes apart from other tiny home builders
- What are some considerations when building on a Gooseneck?
- What technology are people using in their smart tiny houses?
- What inspires Matt about tiny houses?
Links and Resources:
Matt Meshey works in sales and marketing for Liberation Tiny Homes based in Lancaster, PA. He loves tiny houses and helping people live the life that they have dreamed about, by downsizing and having more financial freedom. Matt’s sister Melissa lives in the Gooseneck home that Liberation built and he worked with her closely to design that home.
Sponsor: Jamaica Cottage Shp
The Tiny House Lifestyle Podcast is sponsored this week by the Jamaica Cottage Shop, pioneers of the PCK (or Pre Cut Kit). You can literally build one of hundreds of buildings – from sheds, to tiny houses, and even larger cabins- all by yourself. All of the precision-cut pieces for the building come labeled and color-coded with clear, easy-to-follow instructions, shipped to you for free almost anywhere in North America. The kits are made in the USA from rough-sawn Hemlock and Eastern White Pine. I personally used a Jamaica Cottage Shop PCK when I needed to build a 5'x8′ storage shed for my own tiny house, and the cost was less that it would have been if I had gone to a lumberyard to buy the materials. Plus, having all the pieces pre-cut and labeled saved a ton of build time. Right now the Jamaica Cottage Shop is offering listeners of our show $100 off a purchase of $1,000 or more. Just head over to jamaicacottageshop.com/tlhp and use the coupon code THLP when you order.
To learn more, visit jamaicacottageshop.com/tlhp. Use the coupon code THLP to save the $100 on any order of $1000 or more. Limit one coupon per customer. Expires 11/30/2019. Cannot be combined with any other promotion and does not apply to past or current orders. Thank you to Jamaica Cottage Shop for sponsoring the show show!