I was watching tiny house videos youtube the other day, as one does and youtube kept recommending a video that had well over 2 million views: Living in a tiny house stinks (sometimes) from Tiny House Giant Journey. Now, I usually avoid these “tiny house takedown” type videos, but I gave this one a go because Jenna Spesard is as important member of the tiny house community.
Jenna built her tiny house 4 years ago, and traveled all over the country with it for one year. This was the first tiny house I saw that was doing longterm travel. In addition to documenting her own journey, Jenna shot and uploaded many incredible tours of other tiny houses she found along the way.
In this conversation, we’ll talk about the downsides of tiny house living, and how some of them aren’t really downsides at all, Jenna’s favorite tiny houses, and what maintenance her tiny house has needed after almost 5 years of constant use.
- What stinks about tiny house living?
- Why Jenna has decided on a different tiny house for long distance travel.
- What you see in the reality shows isn't actually reality.
- What maintenance has been required after almost 5 years of constant use?
Links and Resources:
- Living in a Tiny House Stinks (Sometimes)
- Tiny Fest Northwest
- Lillypad Tiny House
- CLC Boats Teardrop Camper
Jenna Spesard Online: