Abby has cracked the code for creating tiny house communities. And the model that she’s come up with is really brilliant. It combines nightly rentals with full time residents. She even allows people to build a tiny house and then have It rented, managed and maintained at tiny estates.
Even if you’re never planning on starting a tiny house community of your own, I think you should listen to Abby’s strategy for approaching zoning to make tiny houses a win-win for her and her town.
- How did Abby go from building one tiny house to purchasing land and building the words largest solely tiny house on wheels community?
- How Abby navigated the complicated world of Zoning to get Tiny Estates approved
- Abby's amazing tips for how to ensure your tiny house project gets approved
- What is the business model for Tiny Estates?
- How Abby plans to meet the demand for tiny house parking
- How to deal with resistance to tiny houses in your community
- Abby's advice for starting your own tiny house community
- What kind of infrastructure do you need for a tiny house community
- Asking permission vs. begging forgiveness
If you like the show, please consider leaving us a review in the Apple Podcasts app. Your reviews help others find the show and I really appreciate the support and encouragement. Plus, you never know… I just may give you a listener shoutout here on the show!
Links and Resources:
- Tiny Estates
- Tiny House Expedition Video about Tiny Estates
- Liberation Tiny Homes
- Rough Cut Tiny Homes
- Caravan Tiny House Hotel
- Tiny House Siesta
- Timbercraft Tiny Homes
Abby Hobson Online:
There are SO many homes at Tiny Estates that it's hard to feature them all. But here are some of my favorites!